Search This Blog

Our Family - click the pic below for more pictures

Our Family - click the pic below for more pictures
Click the picture above to see more pictures!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Been a while...


Well, it has certainly been too long.  A lot has happened in the last few weeks including getting a promotion which includes additional responsibilities at the school.  I am now in charge of the class schedules, organizing volunteers teaching schedules and creating curriculum for the school.  It has only made me realize how much I don’t know, but I’ve really enjoyed the added responsibility.  The last week I’ve also taken over director of the school responsibilities while Joe is in the US for another week.  This of course only compounds the responsibilities and time that I need to spend with the school.  Even worse I’ve had to pour more of my life into the school – I say this jokingly – and I fear that it will be much more difficult to leave than I expected.  As I said in my previous post, I feel like I’m supposed to be here, but it’s really more than that, I feel like I’ve gained new family members here, they just speak another language.

We also decided that we’ll be coming home for Christmas and we are so excited to visit friends and family in Oregon.  You’ll be jealous of our farmer’s tans.  Speaking of family and friends…YOU ARE AWESOME!! We received a container with like 20 boxes of toys, books, (American) food, and other supplies.  You are all such a blessing.  Thank you for your continued support. 

A couple weeks ago we purchased 500 bricks to build a bathroom for our cook, and will start getting into construction in a couple weeks. We are waiting for Joe to return before we purchase the rest of the materials, but I would think that we’ll get some nice bathroom pics in a few weeks.  I’m very thankful for the folks that have donated money towards this project.  A little money and love can go a long for a family here.

Did I mention we haven’t had lights for a week and a half, we just got running water again after a few days of running off the reserve, only for it to go out again tonight. I think you have to be crazy to love this place.  Guess that makes me a lunatic.   


No comments:

Post a Comment