Search This Blog

Our Family - click the pic below for more pictures

Our Family - click the pic below for more pictures
Click the picture above to see more pictures!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mom and Lish are here!

We’re very excited that my mom and sister arrived on Friday.  We’d been looking forward to the day for a long time.  Not just because they would be bringing some unhealthy American snack foods, but because we love our family and miss them greatly. 

As I was driving my mom and sister home from San Pedro airport, I informed them that it was another 4 hours or so to Zambrano, where we would need to drive on a dirt road (more like a dried up river bed – actually can turn into a river when it’s rainy season) for about an hour.  Their reaction was quite funny when I told them that we reached the half-way point on the dirt road. “What!? No?”  As I’ve written before it’s just so bumpy that you have to drive quite slow, so the 9 miles takes much longer than it normally would.

We’ve had a fun time with mom and Elisha.  We’ve gone on a couple hikes, one to a viewpoint of our huge waterfall, and another to our swimming hole and local “beach.”  They’ve helped tend to the garden and watch the girls while Sarah and/or I have been busy with work or working out.  They also brought supplies for s’mores, so we had a campfire on Sunday night and enjoyed the sweets. Unfortunately, I’ve been quite busy with the school, so I haven’t been able to spend a ton of time with them.  We’ve been getting ready for 17 students to come interview for the next cohort of students.  They are all coming today.  In fact, I’m leaving in a couple hours to pick them up in Zambrano.  It’s exciting to have all the students coming, but it can be a little stressful as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment